Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Snow Morning!

For the second time this semester, we are having time off from school for s * n * o * w. At least they call it snow here, though a couple of inches of fluffy hardly counts for those of us who've lived in colder climes. Last time we had a storm, the university cancelled classes "until 11am"; then, at about 10, they called it off for the day -- after, of course, I had left for school. Thank goodness for colleagues who have my cell number and know how to use it!

Today we have no classes until 11:30. My first class is not until 11:30 anyway, but it still feels somehow luxurious to be at home in the snow -- walking the dogs, blogging, writing up meeting minutes, working on a student's recommendation letter, looking out the window into the cold world. It's nice.

I claimed a locker at the gym yesterday; no charge, you just get your own lock and put your name up. Three of us have committed to swimming two afternoons a week (we keep each other motivated), and it seems so much more official to have my own locker with its own cute round very purple lock. I can keep deodorant, etc. there and not have to lug everything around. 

Now I'm thinking about a new gym bag, as the plastic-y one I've been using has rips and is actually a bit too large.... Henry David said to beware of enterprises which require new clothes, and I tend to agree, but there is something about making that financial investment which makes you feel more...invested. (Sounds like a lolcat caption.)

No comments:

Post a Comment