Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Post-Election Wahoo

Man oh man -- it's been an intense few months, during which I have (obviously) not been blogging. A quick catch-up:  I did NOT have my students write blogs, in part b/c we've had some technology meltdowns on my campus -- long rant barely restrained here.  I HAVE been, as usual, insanely busy this fall, perhaps even more insanely busy than usual.  I had been told that the pace is stepped up, rather than down, post-tenure, and that seems to be correct, but, all things considered, things are going well. Spouse & I traveled to two weddings this fall, one in Wisconsin and one in Maryland, so that added some catching-up time as well.  I DID follow the '08 elections fairly obsessively and worked the polls on election day.

And WOW. In the month before November 4th I was reading Salon and CNN online all the friggin' time, afraid to be too optimistic; the Rethuglicans could always pull a fast one. Even the night of the 4th, it just didn't seem real.  (It almost still doesn't.) But I am so so SO excited and happy about Obama's election.  Nah, he's not "the one" (or "that one") or a miracle worker or even King Arthur. But I'm so proud of us.  And so glad that we once again have a President who is SMART. Graceful. Articulate. Worthy of our respect. 

*sigh*  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment